This just in from Northwave: The company is starting to show some early releases from the 2010 shoe line, including the Rebel SBS mountain bike shoe.
The Rebel SBS is positioned as a mid-priced, high performance trail shoe that includes many features from the top-line product.
– Good ventilation via the Airflow System (strategically placed venting in key areas including the toe), while wider perforation holes in the upper help maintain temperature and comfort.
– The Ultra Y heel counter, designed to stabilize the heel while keeping weight down for better energy transfer.
– Northwave’s proprietary Step By Step (S.B.S.) buckle and closure system to create a perfect fit over the instep, while ensuring control and precision. The buckle actually allows the rider to set the buckle while a Velcro “macro” adjustment centers the system every time.
– The advanced Jaws Carbon Reinforced sole. This sole uses a 100% rubber outer sole to maintain traction while off bike. Its carbon additive midsole creates a stiff pedaling platform while keeping weight minimal.
– Inside the shoe, a new Performance Advanced insole. It has a 3D arch support for superior fit, comfortable foam inner, and is perforation throughout for excellent temperature control.
The Rebel SBS, which reportedly weighs 370 grams in a size 42, will be available in black or white, for $150. Also available is the Rebel 3V, which forgoes the buckle in favor of three Velcro straps, for $130, and weighs 350 grams in a size 42.