Luis Amaran (Jamis-Sutter Home) and Alison Powers (Vera Bradley Foundation) have taken over the top of the National Racing Calendar standings following strong performance by both at the SRAM Tour of the Gila and Joe Martin Stage Race.
Powers, the defending women’s NRC champ, finished second behind Mara Abbott at the Gila and then won Joe Martin. Abbott is in second on the NRC.
Amaran won stage 2 of the Gila, outsprinting Levi Leipheimer, and finished fifth overall. He scored his first career NRC overall win at Joe Martin.
Amaran’s team, which won the NRC team competition last year, is now in second on the men’s team standings, behind Fly V Australia. Powers’ team leads the NRC ahead of Abbott’s Peanut Butter & Co.-Twenty12 squad.
- 1. Luis Amaran Jamis Sutter Home/colavita 441 points
- 2. Ben Day Fly V Australia 393 points
- 3. Ben Jacques-Maynes Bissell Pro Cycling 310 points
- 4. Levi Leipheimer Team Mellow Johnny’s 265 points
- 5. Karl Menzies UnitedHealthcare-Maxxis 167 points
- 1. Alison Powers Team Vera Bradley Foun 463 points
- 2. Mara Abbott Peanut Butter & Co.twe 369 points
- 3. Ina-Yoko Teutenberg HTC-Columbia 304 points
- 4. Katheryn Mattis Webcor Builders 278 points
- 5. Robin Farina Team Vera Bradley Foundation 250 points
- 1. Team Vera Bradley Foundation 1108 points
- 2. Peanut Butter & Co.-Twenty12 655 points
- 3. Colavita/Baci Pro Cycling 590 points
- 4. HTC-Columbia 488 points
- 5. Webcor Builders 482 points
- 1. Fly V Australia 824 points
- 2. Jamis Sutter Home/Colavita 725 points
- 3. Bissell Pro Cycling 675 points
- 4. UnitedHealthcare-Maxxis 513 points
- 5. Jelly Belly P/b Kenda 448 points