Which stages will be critical? How steep is the Tourmalet? And how is Christian Vande Velde doing?
These are just a few of the hundreds of questions answered in the Official Guide to the 2010 Tour de France.
Every year VeloNews partners with Tour de France owner ASO to bring you all the details on the stages, teams and riders of the biggest race in the world. This year, in addition to all our features on riders we think can win stages or the whole enchilada, we asked a number of the to Tour riders for their predictions. Jens Voigt, Mark Cavendish, Levi Leipheimer and others weigh in on what they expect from particular stages, and who they think will when where.
Here are a few other components of the 192-page Guide:
- Favorite’s ranking chart – We rank the 8 best men by climbing, time trialing, tactics and team strength.
- The inside scoop on ‘the cobbles stage,’ complete with mechanics’ plans for gear that day
- Potential surprises – A quick run-down of the sleeper stages that could up-end the race
- Big stories on Contador, Cavendish, the Schlecks, Vande Velde, Hushovd, Wiggins, Evans, Basso and more
- Profiles of every stage
- Details for every team
- Stunning photography from Graham Watson and Casey B. Gibson
There are two covers with identical content. Subscribers have already received the Alberto Contador cover. The Lance Armstrong cover is available now at quality bike shops and newsstands everywhere.
Another, more immediate option is the digital subscription produced by Texterity.