Gregory Henderson (Team Sky) won the fourth stage of the Eneco Tour of Benelux on Saturday.
Henderson out-kicked Kenny van Hummel (Skil-Shimano) and his own team leader Edvald Boasson Hagen, who provided a tremendous lead-out, to win the 214.42km stage from St-Lievens-Houtem to Roermond in the Netherlands.
Tony Martin (HTC-Columbia) retained the overall lead. Koos Moerenhout, (Rabobank) sits second overall at 10 seconds back with Boasson Hagen third at 1:24.
It was the fifth victory of the season for the 33-year-old Henderson, who was quick to thank his teammates for their work on his behalf.
“I am relieved to have completed the job,” he said.
The stage was marked by an early break by Jaroslaw Marycz (Saxo Bank), Mikhail Ignatiev (Katusha), Adriano Malorie (Lampre) and Jérémy Roy (Française des Jeux), who escaped some 20km into the stage and built a lead of nearly nine minutes before being retrieved on the finishing circuit.
On Sunday, the peloton faces a 204km mountain stage from Roermond to Sittard that takes part of its route from the Amstel Gold Race.
- 1. Greg Henderson, (Nzl), Team Sky, 4:46:46
- 2. Kenny Robert Van Hummel, (Ned), Skil-Shimano, s.t.
- 3. Edvald Boasson Hagen, (Nor), Team Sky, s.t.
- 4. Alex Rasmussen, (Den), Team Saxo Bank, s.t.
- 5. Robbie Mcewen, (Aus), Team Katusha, s.t.
- 1. Tony Martin, (Ger), HTC-Columbia, 18:32:17
- 2. Koos Moerenhout, (Ned), Rabobank, at 0:10
- 3. Edvald Boasson Hagen, (Nor), Team Sky, at 1:24
- 4. Svein Tuft, (Can), Garmin-Transitions, at 1:26
- 5. Lars Boom, (Ned), Rabobank, at 1:32
2010 Eneco Tour, stage 4, sprint finish
The sprint to the line in stage 4 of the 2010 Eneco Tour.
2010 Eneco Tour, stage 4, Tony Martin
Tony Martin retained the overall lead in the Eneco Tour after stage 4.
2010 Eneco Tour, stage 4, Mikhail Ignatiev
Mikhail Ignatiev leads a break on stage 4.
2010 Eneco Tour, stage 4, Greg Henderson
Greg Henderson on the podium after winning stage 4 of the 2010 Eneco Tour.