Svein Tuft (Garmin-Transitions) won the fifth stage of the Tour of Denmark on Saturday.
Tuft took the 19.4km individual time trial in 23:20. Richie Porte (Saxo Bank) was second in the same time with teammate Jakob Fuglsang third at four seconds.
When the times were tallied, Fuglsang had taken the leader’s jersey by 27 seconds over runner-up Tuft with Matthew Busche (Team RadioShack) third at 1:35.
Sunday’s final stage covers 185km between Høng and Rudersdal.
- 1. Svein Tuft (Can), Garmin-Transitions, 19.4km in 23:20
- 2. Richie Porte (Aus), Saxo Bank, same time
- 3. Jakob Fuglsang (Den), Saxo Bank, at 0:04
- 4. Liuewe Westra (Ned, Vacansoleil, at 0:15
- 5. Hayden Roulston (NZ), HTC-Columbia, at 0:38
- 1. Jakob Fuglsang (Den), Saxo Bank, 15:00:19
- 2. Svein Tuft (Can), Garmin-Transitions, at 0:27
- 3. Matthew Busche (USA), Team RadioShack, at 1:35
- 4. Martin Mortensen (Den), Vacansoleil, at 1:38
- 5. Rasmus Guldhammer (Den), HTC-Columbia, at 1:45