Race leaders Peter Stetina (Garmin-Transitions) and Jeannie Longo (Vital Plus) on Sunday won the second stage of the Steamboat Springs Stage Race.
Stetina took the men’s 70-mile Moots Road Race in 2:58:24 ahead of Chris Baldwin (UnitedHealthcare-Maxxis) and Paul Esposti (BCV-Scion-Stevinson Auto). All three riders finished in the same time.
Longo soloed to victory in the 55-mile women’s race, finishing in 2:37:11, nearly two minutes ahead of second-placed Tony Bradshaw (Team VBF) and almost eight minutes up on third-placed Andrea Koenig (Pro Design Cycling).
Going into Monday’s finale, the Ski & Bike Kare Criterium, Stetina leads runner-up Baldwin by 24 seconds on the overall with Marc de Maar (UnitedHealthcare-Maxxis) third at 55 seconds. Longo leads Bradshaw by 6:11 with Megan Hottman (Treads.com-DFT) third at 12:40.
- 1. Peter Stetina, Garmin Transitions, 70mi in 2:58:24
- 2. Chris Baldwin, UnitedHealthcare-Maxxis, same time
- 3. Paul Esposti, BCV-Scion-Stevinson Auto, s.t.
- 4. Benjamin Balugrund, Team Hotel Santa Fe-Juwi Solar, s.t.
- 5. Marc de Maar, UnitedHealthcare-Maxxis, at 0:05
- 1. Jeannie Longo, Vital Plus, 55mi in 2:37:11
- 2. Toni Bradshaw, Team VBF, at 1:52
- 3. Andrea Koenig, Pro Design Cycling, at 7:41
- 4. Kasey Clark, Treads.com-DFT, at 7:58
- 5. Angela des Cognets, Primal-Rocky Mountain-Colavita, at 8:51
- 1. Peter Stetina, Garmin Transitions, 5:09:55
- 2. Chris Baldwin, UnitedHealthcare-Maxxis, at 0:24
- 3. Marc de Maar, UnitedHealthcare-Maxxis, at 0:55
- 4. Paul Esposti, BCV-Scion-Stevinson Auto, at 1:56
- 5. Benjamin Balugrund, Team Hotel Santa Fe-Juwi Solar, at 2:11
- 1. Jeannie Longo, Vital Plus, 4:35:22
- 2. Toni Bradshaw, Team VBF, at 6:11
- 3. Megan Hottman, Treads.com-DFT, at 12:40
- 4. Andrea Koenig, Pro Design Cycling, at 13:06
- 5. Amy Gray-Smith, Pro Design-Porsche-BikeSource, at 13:13