Ted King (iamTedKing.com) and Kristin McGrath (Peanut Butter & Co-Twenty12) won the first stage in the 2010 Green Mountain Stage Race on Friday in Warren, Vermont.
King covered the 5.7-mile Champion System time trial course in record time — 13 minutes and 22 seconds, 18 seconds ahead of Cameron Cogburn (CCB-Wheelworks) and a further second faster than third-placed Tim Johnson (UnitedHealthcare-Maxxis).
All of the top three men bettered the record.
McGrath won in 15:22, with Janel Holcomb (Team Danbury Audi-Cyfac) second at 25 seconds and Megan Guarnier (Tibco-To the Top) third at 30 seconds.
The Green Mountain Stage Race continues Saturday with The Bridges Circuit Race in Duxbury, run on a 19.5-mile circuit with a 13.6-mile finish section. Men cover 72 miles, while women race 53 miles.
- 1. Ted King (iamTedKing.com), 13:22
- 2. Cameron Cogburn (CCB-Wheelworks), at 0:18
- 3. Tim Johnson (UnitedHealthcare-Maxxis), at 0:19
- 4. Jeremy Powers (Jelly Belly-Kenda), at 0:25
- 5. Jamey Driscoll (Jamis-Sutter Home), at 0:26
- 1. Kristin McGrath (Peanut Butter & Co-Twenty12), 15:22
- 2. Janel Holcomb (Team Danbury Audi-Cyfac), at 0:25
- 3. Megan Guarnier (Tibco-To the Top), at 0:30
- 4. Olivia Dillon (Peanut Butter & Co.-Twenty12), at 0:33
- 5. Anna McLoon (Team Kenda), at 0:38