Andrea Dvorak went early in the NRC race, and when she got caught teammate Janel Holcomb took off. She built a gap of more than 50 seconds and crossed the line alone.
Behind Holcomb, it was a race for second place — a battle that went to Samantha Schneider (Tibco-To the Top) with Kelly Benjamin (Colavita) third.
“I had an opportunity … and I just went for it,” said Holcomb. “We wanted to be aggressive. Andrea took the bull from the horns and got it going right from the gun. I’m really excited.”
- 1. Janel Holcomb , Colavita / Forno D’asolo, at 28:49.8
- 2. Samantha Schneider , Uci: Wpt Tibco To The Top, at 29:18.2
- 3. Kelly Benjamin , Colavita / Forno D’asolo, at 29:18.5
- 4. Christina Gokey-Smith, at 29:18.7
- 5. Laura Van Gilder, at 29:19.0