Pick up your copy of the official North American guide to the 2012 Tour de France today
With Velo’s 2012 Tour de France Official Guide in hand, you can be up-to-date on all things Tour before the race even begins. Find out which competitors are most likely to wear the maillot jaune both throughout the race and on the final podium, who will impress on the sprint days, and which mountain stages will provide the biggest spectacle. Can Cadel Evans repeat his 11th-hour win of a year ago on a course that suits him? Or is this the year Brad Wiggins or Andy Schleck deliver? And who can top Mark Cavendish in a run at the green jersey?
Velo has teamed up once again with Tour de France owner ASO to provide in-depth descriptions of the stages, teams and individuals worth paying attention to. With captivating photos and maps, historical notes on each stage location, and extras such as “July Essentials: The five ingredients for a successful season of Tour watching,” this 144-page guide is the whole package for both avid cycling fans and newcomers to the sport alike. Be in the know this season as world’s biggest cycling event draws near.
Included in the guide are:
- A map of the entire 2012 route
- A message from race director Christian Prudhomme
- Our rundown of the favorites, including Cadel Evans, Bradley Wiggins, Levi Leipheimer and And Schleck, rated by climbing ability, time trial prowess, tactical sense and team strength
- A decade-by-decade chronicle of equipment used during the Tour and how it’s changed (mountain pass on a fixie, anyone?)
- Elevation profile maps and podium predictions for each of the Tour’s 20 stages
- Breakdown of each team’s strengths and weaknesses, with commentary from five-time Tour de France winner Bernard Hinault
- The issue is available now through subscription, on newsstands, and in digital versions for e-readers from Zinio and the iPad in Apple Newsstand.