Connex is hoping you'll branch out when you need a replacement and opt for its product. But is the price worth it?
Week in Tech: SRAM Red makeover and more
We've got the latest tech news, including some new bikes launched Down Under, new road gear, and more.
A $440 shoe-mounted power meter
Brim Brothers' cleat-based Zone DPMX power meter launched on Kickstarter Thursday, and the company says it will deliver in three months.
SRAM launches new NX mountain 1x drivetrain
SRAM introduces an even less expensive 1x drivetrain option for mountain bikers, the NX group.
Ask a Mechanic: Making a custom mud guard
Art's Cyclery demonstrates the simple process of constructing and attaching a mud guard to keep dirt and debris out.
Reviewed: J.Paks frame bag
If you're looking for a way to store a lot of gear or apparel without a big backpack, this custom frame bag is a great option.
All Bikes & Tech
Pro Bike: Cancellara's Trek Madone RSL
Fabian Cancellara rides a special race team version of the Madone, and is still using mechanical shifting.
Reviewed: Specialized Airnet helmet
Specialized's Airnet helmet offers a subdued aesthetic but a lot of the performance found in higher-end helmets at a reasonable price.
Tech FAQ: Tires for riding rollers
Lennard Zinn explains how to choose the right tires for riding rollers this winter.
- Stan's wins patent dispute with Specialized
- Video: Dubai Tour tech round-up
- UCI's bike rules less relevant than ever
- Pro bike: Alex Dowsett's Canyon
- Vintage bike video: Ross Shafer talks Salsa
- Ask a Mechanic: Maintaining cables and housing
- Whoa bike: Vinokourov's golden Dubai ride
- Pro bike: Wiggins' sleek Pinarello
- Tech FAQ: Shimano brakes with Sram eTap
- Why not? The story behind Speedplay
Bikes & Tech Galleries
- Pro Bike Gallery: Peter Sagan’s world champion Venge
- Pro Bike Gallery: Peter Sagan’s worlds-winning Specialized Tarmac
- Pro Bike Gallery: Lisa Brennauer’s Cervelo P5
- CosmoBike Tech Gallery: Neon colors all the rage
- Gallery: Interbike Outdoor Dirt Demo dishes hero dirt, new tech
- Gallery: Stylish Italian rides at CosmoBike
- Tech Gallery: CosmoBike, day one
- Photos: SRAM Red eTap wireless
- Pro Bike Gallery: Talansky’s Cannondale SuperSix Evo
- Spotted: New FSA drivetrain on Kwiatkowski’s bike
- Pro Bike Gallery: Warren Barguil’s Giant TCR
- Gallery: Tour TTT tech