Elite paramilitary police will also line the route for the first time as the grand tour takes place under the cloud of terrorism.
Quintana opts out of Suisse and Dauphine Tour tune-ups
Nairo Quintana will skip the customary Tour tune-ups, Tour de Suisse and the Critérium du Dauphiné, to train in Colombia for the Grande
Uniquely vulnerable: The Tour and terrorism
A security expert says the Tour de France is almost impossible to secure, raising concerns after the Paris terrorist attacks.
Analysis: Tour wildcards aren’t so wild
The Tour de France picked the same teams as last year for 2016, and that means we won't see a lot of surprises this July.
The mapmakers: Creating the Tour route
The three-week-long, 3,500km, 198-rider, millions-of-roadside-spectators beast that is the Tour route? Just two people create the entire
2017 Tour to begin with Dusseldorf TT
A 13km race against the clock will start the 2017 edition of the race.
Tour de France
Paolini admits cocaine use, sleeping pill abuse
Luca Paolini blames an addiction to sleeping pills for his use of cocaine, for which he tested positive during the Tour de France
2017 Tour to start in Germany
ASO announces Düsseldorf will host the grand depart of the 2017 edition of the Tour, marking the first German start since 1987.
Vaughters: ASO a 'playground bully’
The Tour de France is a formidable weapon in ASO's power struggle with the UCI and its WorldTeams, says Cannondale boss Jonathan Vaughters.
- Tour de France policeman in 'miracle' recovery
- 'Just a matter of time' for Quintana
- Finally: Germany votes to host Tour
- Dutch sue ASO for unpaid Tour bill
- Elusive glory: The value of Tour success
- 2016 Tour de France: Balanced is better
- Quintana’s 2016 homework: Time trials
- "French attitude" makes Tour harder for Froome
- Forget Froome: 2016 is Contador’s Tour
- The Tour de France's big mountains
Photographs From Inside The Tour de France
- Photo Essay: Tour de France, week 3
- Gallery: 2015 Tour de France, stage 21
- Gallery: 2015 Tour de France, stage 20
- Photo Essay: 2015 Tour de France, week two
- Gallery: 2015 Tour de France, stage 19
- Gallery: 2015 Tour de France, stage 18
- Gallery: 2015 Tour de France, stage 17
- Spotted: New FSA drivetrain on Kwiatkowski’s bike
- Gallery: 2015 Tour de France, stage 16
- Gallery: 2015 Tour de France, stage 15
- Gallery: 2015 Tour de France, stage 14
- Gallery: 2015 Tour de France, stage 13