Welcome to Pick Your Podium, the VeloNews.com game that pits you against other cycling fans in a race for points and big-time prizes.
Registering and making your picks for the 2013 USA Pro Challenge is easy. Click the link at the bottom of the page to sign into Facebook and you’ll be redirected back here. Select an event from the drop-down menu and peruse the startlist and previous years’ results before picking which riders will finish first through fifth in each of seven stages.
USA Pro Challenge leader’s jersey signed by the overall winner
Approx. retail value: $125.00
VeloPress book package, including Tour de France 100 by Richard Moore, My Time by Bradley Wiggins, and Reading the Race by Jamie Smith and Chris Horner
Approx. retail value: $73
2-year subscription to the digital/tablet edition of Velo magazine
Approx. retail value: $60
How to win
Simply make your picks for each of seven stages. Prize winners will be selected based on the highest score from all individual stages, combined.
Points: Contestants earn five points for correctly picking the race winner, four points for second, all the way down to one point for fifth place. Picking a rider out of order that finishes in the top five earns an additional point.
Picks for individual stages are due by 8:00 a.m. EDT on the day of the stage. The leaderboard will be updated as soon as possible following each stage.
Important: It is the responsibility of Pick Your Podium contestants to know the latest startlist and submit full picks prior to the cutoff time. We will post preliminary startlists as soon as possible. Final startlists are available the day before an event begins. Picks for the overall must be made before the picks for stage 1.
USA Pro Challenge Stage 7 Leaderboard
- 1. Joel Oliver Melby – 11 points
- 2. Charles Cooper – 9 points
- 2. Nick Kacher – 9 points
- 4. Cristian Mihala – 8 points
- 4. Thomas Peterson – 8 points
- 6. Dan Gibson – 7 points
- 6. Matthew Solley – 7 points
- 8. Chris Jones – 6 points
- 8. J Cody Woods – 6 points
- 8. Marcelo Catalan – 6 points
USAPCC Overall Leaderboard
- 1. Charles Cooper - 56 points
- 2. Cristian Mihala - 44 points
- 2. Nick Kacher - 44 points
- 4. Dan Gibson - 41 points
- 4. Marcelo Catalan - 41 points
- 4. Matthew Solley - 41 points
- 7. Joel Oliver Melby - 40 points
- 8. Kevin Ong - 38 points
- 8. Matt Burns - 38 points
- 10. Thomas Peterson - 35 points